The major difference in results of vasectomy reversal (everything else alike including vasectomy related factors and surgical skills) is the quality of microscope. It depends on how well one can see the small 0.2 mm lumen of vas through which multiple stitches are passed for reconnection .
Dr. Agha uses the state of the art Leica F40 operating microscope that provides unique optics and ergonomics that makes the procedure of vasectomy reversal relatively easy to perform. Leica’s OptiChrome™ premium optics and the compact Leica F40 stand are the perfect answer to the challenges of tough microsurgery.
Best viewing, perfect balance, easy mobility, optimal stability and excellent value for money all define this Leica microscope system. The slim design of the Leica F40 stand conceals innovative engineering that provides a unique homogeneity of movement. Sophisticated interface solutions make the Leica F40 compatible with neuronavigation/IGS systems.
A feature of the Leica microscope is AutoIris™ – the coupling of the illumination brightness control to the working distance for even more reliable work at short distances.
- Premium Leica optics with OptiChrome™ technology
- AutoIris™ – the coupling of the illumination brightness control to the working distance for even more reliable work at short distances
- Leica MicroBase™ stand system with small base and extra long reach
- Motorized zoom and focus via multifocal lens from 207mm to 470mm, speed adjustable
- 30% increased depth of field
- High performance 300-watt xenon lamp, plus incorporated 2nd illumation
- Continuously adjustable illumination field diameter with Gaussian light distribution
- 30% more light intensity, continuously adjustable
- Precision mechanics for unmatched ease of intraoperative movement
- Six built-in electromagnetic brakes
- Easily movable, stable and space-saving
- Full IGS compatible including the dual imaging system, the Leica DI C500
- ISUS Intelligent Set Up System
- Wide variety of optional accessories